Get the Passport Application Form: One can apply for Passport through Online Registration (after doing online registration, get print outs of the application form). Passport Seva is easy to apply for.
Steps to apply for passport
1. Register through the Passport Seva Portal. (Click on “Register” link under the Online Application Filling section on the Home Page).
2. Login to the Passport Seva Portal with the registered User ID.
3. Click “Apply for Fresh Passport / Passport reissue” link.
4. Fill in the required details in the form and submit.
5. Click the “Schedule Appointment” link on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen to schedule an appointment.
6. Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at Passport Seva Kendras under some of the Passport Offices.
7. Click the “Print Application Receipt” link to print the application receipt containing Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number.
8. Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or the regional passport office where appointment has been booked, along with original documents.
Only emergency/medical cases and pre-approved categories may visit Passport Seva Kendra without appointment. Service will be provided at the discretion of Passport Seva Kendra in-charge/Passport Officer.
Minor applicants below 4 years of age need to carry a recent colored passport size (4.5 x 3.5 cm) photograph with a white background while visiting Passport Seva Kendra. Other applicants need not carry any photograph as photograph will be captured at the Passport Seva Kendra.
Re-submission of application form is required, in case the applicant does not visit the Passport Seva Kendra within 90 days from the online form submission.
Where to Apply: For Online Registration, the applicant has to submit the print outs of the application form along with required documents to the respective passport office in the appointment date and time printed.